Fire & Security Project Engineer – Europe
Job title: Fire & Security Project Engineer- Europe
Based from: Sites in the EU
Reports to: Project Manager
The role of the Project Engineer- Europe is to assist the Company’s Project Manager across allocated projects, ensuring smooth on schedule running including the achievement of all customer expectations and adherence to statutory regulations. Including supporting the Company’s Project Managers, with regards the following, H&S management, installation progress and quality, material management and test and commissioning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct site surveys and to prepare documentation accordingly giving due consideration to all applicable security and fire risk factors.
- Plan fire detection, access control, CCTV and intruder alarm systems.
- Ensure system design specifications are compatible with the requirements of all applicable technical and regulatory standards (i.e. EN, BS, HTM) and BAFE/NSI Codes of Practice.
- Coordinate installation activities to ensure that they are carried out in a controlled manner and in accordance with the Company’s documented procedures and processes plus any statutory and regulatory requirements that may apply.
- To actively monitor and manage project progress.
- Ensure adherence to all Company policies – including those for quality, health & safety, and the management of false alarms.
- Provide reports as appropriate to the Project Manager and any other Officers of the Company.
- Carry out any other job specific duties as deemed appropriate by the directors of the Company.
- H&S reporting (Safe Starts, Toolbox Talks, Site Inspections, Plant & MEWP inspections).
- Quality reporting including snagging installation work, ensuring snags are cleared and documented.
- Report on progress including mark ups of drawings or schedules.
- Liaising with PM to ensure sufficient labour is available to meet project requirements.
- Attend site meetings as and when required.
- Accept the installation from the installers ready for commissioning.
- Commission & test systems, complete commissioning paperwork.
- Demonstrate operation of systems to client/client rep.
- Keep up to date in respect of new technologies and regulatory standards that are relevant to the design process.
- To have experience in working on and project managing fire detection, access control, CCTV and intruder alarm systems to the applicable British and European Standards and knowledge also of all relevant BAFE/NSI codes of practice.
- To have good working knowledge of the products and systems specified and with any significant limitations inherent in such products and systems.
- To know installation requirements such that system design specifications are professionally compiled and finalised in a manner which gives clear and unambiguous information to the customer and to the installing engineer.
- Have the ability to plan and monitor work to tight time scales and deadlines.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and submission items for tender/contract.
- To have the ability to work creatively and innovatively dealing with core issues with customers.
- Ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers, and outside bodies
- To be able to influence, persuade and negotiate effectively with all levels of person.
- Provable understanding of specifications and technical drawings.
- To be computer literate and proficient in all core Microsoft Office packages.
- EU Passport
- CSCS card (or equivalent)
- Experience of Eque2 or other similar contract management software
- Familiar with MS Project or other Project Planning Programming Software
- Rotation shift pattern with 10 days based in country and 4 off days at home
- The physical environment requires the employee to work in office and construction site locations around Europe.
- Construction site locations will involve both inside and outside working environments and the employee will frequently be required to use personal protective equipment.
- The employee may be required to work nights, weekends and on public holidays and will be required to spend time away to fulfil the job role.