Senior Data Cabling Engineer
Senior Data Cabling Engineer
The role is responsible for the installation, termination and fault finding of data cabling at a range of sites across the UK.
The role is required to supervise data engineers during works on site to ensure the delivery of high-quality work and involves delivering toolbox talks, point of work risk assessments and day to day management of the data engineers.
To work collaboratively with the Project Managers and ensure high levels of customer service at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Install and termination of cable pulling, laying and associated testing, for both copper and fibre including fault finding and proactive resolution.
- Work alongside Project Managers to communicate and discuss how to ensure adherence to project deadlines.
- To read and understand construction drawings and interpret into practical work.
- Reporting back to the Project Manager regarding progress, site delays or issues.
- Attend site briefings and ensure that information and key messages are relayed to the team.
- Supervision of engineers works on site and including point of work risk assessments and toolbox talks.
- On site installation, testing and termination of Cat 5e, 6 & 6a copper and fibre optic cabling & associated containment.
- Containment installation skills to include: Steel wire cable tray, metal conduit, plastic conduit and plastic trunking.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the job sheet specification and company
Hold a current ECS skills card
- Excellent attention to detail, sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking with demonstrable experience of delivering action plans to resolve issue and remedy disputes
- Demonstrable experience of reading and interpreting construction drawings including preparing quantities from specifications and drawings
- Considerable experience in installation of cat 5e, 6, 6a and fibre cabling
- Proficient use of cable certification equipment (Fluke or otherwise) to test and produce a set of results for installation
- Can demonstrate excellent customer service skills in a variety of ways including written verbal over the phone and face to face
- Full driving license
- Previous experience of working within Data Infrastructure industry.
- SSSTS qualified
- Experience of supervising large-scale projects, over multiple months/years
- Experience in developing RAMs
- Fire and or Security industry experience
The physical environment requires the employee to work on construction site locations and will involve both inside and outside working environments and the employee will be required to use personal protective equipment and carry out physical work. From time to time the employee will be required to work in an office and at site locations around the UK and may involve travel to Europe. The employee may be required to work nights, weekends and on public holidays and may be required to spend time away in order to fulfil the job role.
Employment Perks & Benefits:
- Probationary period of 6 months
- Salary Exchange Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan- claim back the costs of dentist, opticians, physio, prescriptions and much more
- Life Insurance- 4 times annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme including mental health support, legal, financial advice and access to own Mental Health First Aid team
- Access to 24/7 GP helpline and online GP surgery
- Access to discounts from 1000s of retailers through PERKS such as gym membership discounts, shopping, cinema tickets, and discounts at your favourite restaurants
- Personal accident protection
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Voluntary critical illness cover for yourself and partner
Please give me a call on 0208 544 0944 is this role is of interest to you.