Data Engineer – Oxford/Berkshire
A client of ours is looking to employ a Data Cabling Engineer ideally located to cover Oxfordshire, Berkshire and surrounding areas.
Successful candidate will reports to: Service Delivery Manager
Client works in all sectors of the industry: Retail, Education, Commercial and Government. Majority of the sites are live environments.
The successful candidate will team up with another Engineer. The appointed candidate will be responsible for all aspects of structured cabling data installations and associated services. Must be fully conversant with industry standards of all aspects of data cabling installation. Must be fully conversant with testing of installations using the Fluke DSX series testers. Must be able to support where required, fault finding and fixing in the event of test failures. Ability to read drawings and understand job packs issued detailing works to be undertaken.
Duties and Responsibilities
• On site installation, testing and termination of Cat 5e, 6 & 6a copper cabling
• On site installation of fibre optic
• Fault finding and rectification of issues on site, including proactive liaison with colleagues to find a solution.
• A team player who works well with others and supports lead engineers in delivering success.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Service Delivery Manager or Project Managers
• Will have over 3 years’ experience working in a similar environment.
• Will have the ability to read architectural drawings.
• Will have experience in installation of cat 5e, 6, 6a and fibre cabling.
• Will have the ability to prepare quantities from specifications and drawings.
• An excellent understanding of health and safety practice
• Experienced in the setting up, use and understanding of the results from a Fluke DSX8000/5000 or similar test equipment.
• Experienced at the safe and correct use of ladders and other access equipment.
• Experienced at the correct and safe use of power tools.
• Hold a CSCS/ECS skills card
• CNCI Copper & Fibre qualified is a preference.
• PASMA/IPAF Certified is a preference
• Should be able to demonstrate good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face
• Candidate must have a full clean driving license.
Please call John on 0208 544 0944 if this role is of interest to you