Data Cabling Engineer – Leeds
Data Cabling Engineer
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Duties and Responsibilities
- On site installation, testing and termination of Cat 6 & 6a copper cabling
- Installation using existing mainline containment with installation of secondary containment (copex sets) required to existing floor boxes.
- On site installation of fibre optic cabling
- Fault finding and rectification of issues on site, including proactive liaison with colleagues to find a solution.
- A team player who works well with others and supports lead engineers in delivering success.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Service Delivery Manager or Project Managers
- Will have over 3 years’ experience working in the structured cabling industry
- Experienced with Data-Centre or commercial installation projects
- Will have the ability to read architectural drawings.
- Will have experience in installation, terminating and testing of cat 6 & 6a and fibre cabling
- Will have the ability to prepare quantities from specifications and drawings.
- An excellent understanding of health and safety practice
- Experienced in the setting up, use and understanding of the results from a Fluke DSX8000/5000 or similar test equipment.
- Experienced at the safe and correct use of ladders and other access equipment.
- Experienced at the correct and safe use of power tools.
- Hold a CSCS/ECS skills card
- CNCI Copper & Fibre qualified is a preference.
- PASMA/IPAF Certified is a preference
- Should be able to demonstrate good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face
Please call Lucas on 0208 544 0944 if you’re interested and would like discuss in more detail.