Service and Small Works Engineer
Service and Small Works Engineer
Region : UK
Reports to : Field Line Managers
To service, maintain, and fault-find as necessary, all fire, life safety, and electronic security systems, in addition to the installation and commissioning of small installations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with customers, both verbally on site as well as clear written reports of works carried out.
- Collaborate with the Field Line Manager and Co-Ordinator to ensure clients requirements are achieved in a timely manner.
Service and Small Works
- Service and maintain all Fire Detection, Access Control, Door Entry, Intruder Alarm, CCTV Systems and other associated systems to the required standards and regulations.
- Ensure adherence to all Company policies – including those for quality, health & safety, and the management of false alarms.
- To provide 24-hour call-out cover on a rota basis with other company engineers
- On occasion, to conduct site surveys in conjunction with a project engineer; giving due consideration to all applicable security and fire risk factors.
- Experience in the servicing and maintaining of Fire Detection, Access Control, CCTV, Intruder Alarm Systems, and other associated equipment to the applicable British and European Standards and knowledge also of all relevant BAFE/NSI codes of practice.
- Good problem solving techniques and ability to fault find and resolve issues in a logical manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and complete service call-out documentation.
- Good customer service skills to be used internally and externally.
- Able to understand and disseminate specifications and technical drawings.
- Able to display initiative and to have strong attention to detail.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good IT skill, to be able to produce reports and detail job requirements and outcomes.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety requirements relevant to the role.
- CSCS card (or equivalent).
- Product specific training, relevant to the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
As part of the companies compliance to The Health & Safety at Work Etc Act 1974, ISO9001 for Quality, ISO14001 for Environmental and ISO27001 for Information Technology, there are several key objectives that are issued each year upon management review that we expect all staff to work towards in order for the company to meet these objectives and include but are not limited to:
- Compliance to all legislative and British Standard requirements.
- Compliance to associated accreditation bodies schemes from NSI, BAFE, LPCB, FIA and others as required.
- To maximise customer satisfaction with the services provided by the company.
- Working to reduce, renew & recycle any waste on and off our sites including our offices.
- To protect the environment and ensure use of toxic materials is avoided where possible.
- Staff will work to a best safe practice and ensure that their actions do not cause harm unto themselves or others.
- Staff will not tamper with any issued PPE or plant machinery that it may cause harm unto themselves or others.
- To ensure all minimum training requirements are met in compliance with the relevant ISO standards.
- To ensure that any Information Technology ‘incidents’ are effectively reported and resolved in a timely fashion (internally or externally).
- Maintain clear desk and screen at all times.
- Compliance to ensure no deliberate breaches in security information and/ or systems.
The physical environment requires the employee to work in office and at site locations around the UK and may involve travel to Europe from time to time. Construction site locations will involve both inside and outside working environments and the employee will be required to use personal protective equipment. The employee may be required to work nights, weekends and on public holidays and may be required to spend time away in order to fulfil the job role.