IT Service Desk Manager
IT Service Desk Manager
Region : UK
Reports to : Technology Operations Manager
Direct Reports : Service Desk Support Team
The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the IT Service Desk Support team. They will own the lifecycle and reporting of incidents and requests for any internal or external client. They will drive excellent service delivery and promote training and education of the IT Service Desk Support Team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of support from the IT Service Desk Support Team.
- Ensure client service focus is prioritised and championed among the IT Service Desk Support Team.
- Ensure any staffing, support and availability related risks to the service are understood and mitigated.
- Ensure the IT Service Desk Support Team provide quality call handling and lifecycle of requests by regularly reviewing calls and tickets.
- Promote the automation of service requests where appropriate and identify areas of lifecycle improvement.
- Develop the IT Service Desk Support team professionally ensuring that skill levels are maintained, and training requirements are highlighted.
- Create a Service Development & Improvement Plan for the service desk and ensure this is clearly understood and communicated to peers and clients through regular Service Review meetings and events.
- Maintain appropriate system documentation, support procedures and proactive rota/cover arrangements.
- Ensure the provision of an appropriate Out of hours/On Call Cover service.
- Act as the Service desk escalation point for all major incidents and client escalations.
- Prepare management information on client SLAs (Service Level Agreements) & XLAs (Experience Level Agreements) on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Take ownership of Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes.
- Monitor Service quality levels, overseeing diverse and complex client service events that require drive and focus to resolve.
- Ensure the team are delivering a program of daily/weekly/monthly client checks and remediating any service issues as a priority.
- Develop Self Service capability tools such as self-help, support guides, FAQ’s Portal Pages etc.
As a member of the management team, you will provide support on a rota basis to the Out of hours/On Call Cover team.
- Previous experience managing a team in an MSP or similar environment.
- Knowledge of support procedures and incident management – ITIL foundation certification or similar.
- Good knowledge of MS products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and confident using IT software.
- Experience of managing ticketing systems such as ConnectWise, Autotask, ServiceNow.
- Experience of managing an RMM solution.
- Full UK driving license.
- Previous experience of working within Fire, Security or Data Infrastructure industry.
- Coaching and Customer Service qualifications.
- BCS, SDI or professional memberships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
As part of the companies compliance to The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, ISO9001 for Quality, ISO14001 for Environmental and ISO27001 for Information Technology, there are several key objectives that are issued each year upon management review that we expect all staff to work towards in order for the company to meet these objectives and include but are not limited to:
- Compliance to all legislative and British Standard requirements
- Compliance to associated accreditation bodies schemes from NSI, BAFE, LPCB, FIA and others as required.
- To maximise client satisfaction with the services provided by the company.
- Working to reduce, renew & recycle any waste on and off our sites including our offices.
- To protect the environment and ensure use of toxic materials is avoided where possible.
- Staff will work to a best safe practice and ensure that their actions do not cause harm unto themselves or others.
- Staff will not tamper with any issued PPE or plant machinery that it may cause harm unto themselves or others.
- To ensure all minimum training requirements are met in compliance with the relevant ISO standards.
- To ensure that any Information Technology ‘incidents’ are effectively reported and resolved in a timely fashion (internally or externally).
- Maintain clear desk and screen at all times.
- Compliance to ensure no deliberate breaches in security information and/ or systems.
The physical environment requires the employee to work in office locations in Gloucester and will involve visits to client sites around the UK for service delivery review meetings.
The employee may be required to work nights, weekends and on public holidays if any clients have critical infrastructure P1 failures.