Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
Field Based London / Midlands / Northern or Southern Regions
Overall purpose of the job:
- Nationwide travel to perform Cabling and Hardware duties at Company Client premises.
- Nationwide travel to perform site surveys.
- Installation of Network, Server and Wifi Hardware and associated cabling.
- On-site support at Company Client premises & Data Centre’s for various clients.
- Technical Remote Hands and break-fix support.
- Network infrastructure cabling and Data Centre patching activities.
- Participation in on call rota (1 week in 4/6) to provide 24/7 support Nationwide.
Key responsibilities for this job:
- Field Operations
- Work with Senior Field Services and Data Centre Technicians to plan in order of received tickets, workload for each day.
- Co-ordinate on site cabling and hardware installation duties, working with Core Network and Managed Hosting teams to ensure hardware is correctly deployed and connectivity is tested and reachable remotely.
- Survey client premises for WiFi & 4G coverage nationwide and capture other vital information required for the planning of future deployments of associated hardware and cabling for large scale nationwide projects.
- Perform ‘Pre Cable’ and ‘Pre deploy’ duties in cases where circuits and client sites are yet to be delivered or readied by vendors.
- Troubleshoot/Investigate and rectify circuit connection errors & circuit/hardware down scenarios using ServiceNow ticketing system and working closely with internal teams.
- Participate in a Rota system to provide out of hours migration/switch over works providing on-site support if required to client premises nationwide. *Random night shifts may be required for bulk out of hours migrations.
- Perform Hardware upgrades on legacy equipment and re-cable as instructed.
- Participate in on-call/out of hour’s duties on various planned and unplanned Infrastructure upgrades, faults and expansion projects.
- Keep in line with internal and client agreed SLA’s surrounding time taken to deliver each ticket/site deployment dependent on geographical location.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Well organized and self-motivated with the ability to work alone and as part of team
- Proficient in working with hand held tools preferably cable cutters and crimps.
- Ability to work at height on small to medium step ladders.
- Experience and understanding of delivering excellent customer service.
- Must be willing to stay away on occasion if covering an extended geographical area with multiple site locations.
- Well-mannered and able to represent the business in a professional manor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and being able to make informed decisions.
- Full UK Driving License
- Some travel will be made by flight or train and covered by company expenses.